Pages

Tuesday 5 April 2011

Zvezda's 'Art of Tactic': Barbarossa 1941

Last Friday I saw that a copy of Zvezda's ART OF TACTIC: BARBAROSSA 1941 game was on sale on eBay. I had thought about buying a copy when I first heard about it, but had not got around to it. I made my bid ... and then promptly forgot about it over the weekend whilst I was driving hither and thither across South East England as well as gradually succumbing to a stomach bug.

At least I had forgotten about it until a few minutes ago when I got the notification that my bid had won ... and that I am now the proud owner of an as yet to be delivered copy of the game!

Once it arrives, I will try to write a details review of the games contents. In the meantime, if you are interest, the game has a supporting website which includes a downloadable copy of the rules ... for free!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bob,

    Well done! I am looking forward to seeing your review in due course. The rules must have been added fairly recently as the last time I looked at the site they were not there. I have downloaded the same and so will have a look later.

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
  2. David Crook,

    I have read the rules through once, and they reflect a blend of several different influences. I can see elements from board wargames as well as more traditional figure wargames. They use 'written' orders, specific unit strength/record 'cards', and D6 dice. On first impressions, I think that this is much more of a war game than 'Memoir '44', which to my mind is a game about war.

    I will be interested to hear your views when you have read the rules.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.