Pages

Saturday 9 April 2011

The postman cometh ...

I was just writing the last blog entry when the doorbell rang ... it was the postman ... with a parcel that looks suspiciously like the copy of Zvezda's ART OF TACTIC: BARBAROSSA 1941 that I have on order.

I am presently resisting the temptation to rip the parcel open and to start rooting about in the box. I want to write a blog entry about the game, and therefore need to take my time (and some photographs) as I go ... but the temptation to forget that and just open the box and rummage is almost overwhelming!

6 comments:

  1. Don't resist - go for it! Seize the parcel,contents and the day- enjoy!
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tradgardmastare,

    I take Oscar Wilde as my guide at moments like this.

    'I can resist everything except temptation'

    In addition, I could lso follow the advice of Michael Miles, who said,

    'Open the box' (You are probably too young to remember that catchphrase!).

    So much good advice and too little time to take it!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mosstrooper,

    Ido! I do!

    I must resist! I must resist!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad to say I do remember the phrases 'open the box ' - 'take the money !' - Micheal Miles I think ?.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mosstrooper,

    I am afraid that we are both showing our age!

    I finally gave way to temptation and opened the box about an hour ago ... and I was not disappointed.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.