Pages

Saturday 30 April 2011

My Funny Little Wars army

I have been giving some thought as to the army I need to raise for the FUNNY LITTLE WARS session Tim Gow are putting on at COW2011. Although I have until July to raise the army, this does not actually give me a lot of time to do so. I have therefore made the decision to buy as many of the figures as I can from the various ranges of Britains Deetail toy soldiers that are available.

I already have some Confederate figures, and it makes sense to use further Confederate and Union figures for my FUNNY LITTLE WARS army. The Union figures will be used to form the regular units and the Confederates will constitute the reserve and militia units. It also means that I can use my units to fight against each other if I want to.

It might also be possible to use some of the Deetail Wild West and Foreign Legion/Arab figures. These include mounted and dismounted Cowboys, Mexicans, Indians, 7th Cavalry, Foreign Legion, and Arab figures.

Such an army will be a bit of a rag-bag, but as I intend it to be the army of a small South American republic (the working name of which is Cordeguay), this should not be too much of a problem. It should certainly be up to dealing with Tim Gow's Forbodians!

4 comments:

  1. Looking eagerly forward to discover their original uniforms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abdul666,

    Initially I will use them 'as is', but as time permits I will give them a distinctive uniform.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. King Boris says "come and have a go if you think you're hard enough!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tim Gow,

    Me and whose army? I've got guns, and lots of them. No gunners, but lots of guns!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.