Pages

Thursday 7 April 2011

A recent book purchase

A couple of weeks ago I was visiting my local bookshop and saw a copy of an Osprey publication I had not seen before. It was GERMAN SPECIAL FORCES OF WORLD WAR II by Gordon Williamson and Mike Chappell (Elite Series No.177 [ISBN 978 1 84603 920 1]).

This book was published in 2009, and I am surprised that I had not seen a copy before ... or perhaps I did, and just did not notice it.

The first part of the book has sections about the special forces raised and operated by the Heer and Waffen-SS, but I felt that they were rather dominated by the exploits of Otto Skorzeny. However, I particularly enjoyed the sections that dealt with the Kriegsmarine and Luftwaffe special forces, and would have enjoyed reading more about their exploits.

2 comments:

  1. Ray Rousell,

    I must admit that I thought that some parts were better than others. In particular, the colour images were well up to Mike Chappell's usual standard.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.