Pages

Friday 19 August 2011

Command & Colors: Napoleonics dice set

Some time ago I suggested the use of dice from sets of the RISK EXPRESS game might be a way to generate a degree of randomness into my solo wargames. At the time RISK EXPRESS was no longer readily available, and anyone who wanted to take up my suggestion was faced with the problem of trying to find a copy of the game somewhere.

One of my old friends and fellow member of Wargame Developments – Tony Hawkins – has just sent me an email that contains a link to the Valley Games website. It appears that they are now producing sets of special dice for COMMAND & COLORS: NAPOLEONICS that he thinks might be suitable replacements for the RISK EXPRESS dice.


This is an excellent idea, and the sort of product that owners of COMMAND & COLORS: NAPOLEONICS might also wish to buy. I am certainly thinking of buying a set (or possibly two) as I can see that they might have several uses, especially with my current South American Wars of Independence mini-project.

8 comments:

  1. As a current CCN 'user' (I can stop any time...), it's nice to know that there are 'spares' available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom Gow,

    Just keep telling yourself that you can give up when you want to; one day you might even believe it!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. A couple years ago a buddy of mine and I were on staff at a convention. We suggesting putting a hypodermic needle (the large kind used by Veteranarians for big animals) outside the dealers area, filled with led figures, and a sign saying "We have what you crave!" It was shot down as being in poor taste.

    Well, duh...

    Best regards,

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris,

    I hope that you are not suggesting that wargaming is addictive?

    I know that it isn't ... and that I can give up at any time I want ... but there are a few things that I want to do before I do ... but I'm not an addict you know!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not an addict. I just drool a lot.

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  6. Xaltotun of Python (Rob),

    I understand that drooling and dribbling are permitted (and quite normal); it is when you start to slobber that you need to seek help!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bob,
    The idea of the wargame addict reminds me of seeing John Sessions' brilliant one man show on Napoleon many years ago. As the War of Liberation began, and the Allies closed in, Boney became a huddled, broken addict, crouched on a map of Europe, begging for "just one more corps - all right, a division, then... a brigade, if not, at least a regiment,,please, PLEASE!"

    The audience all had programmes which could be folded up and worn as a cocked hat - fantastic! I wish one could get a DVD of it...

    Regards,

    Arthur

    ReplyDelete
  8. Arthur1815,

    It sounds like it was a very interesting experience!

    John Sessions is a consummate actor, and I can imagine what the scene was like from your description. If you ever find it on DVD or YouTube, please let me know!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.