Pages

Sunday 23 June 2013

Three wargames in a week ... and with more to come!

After several months without fighting a single wargame, I have actually managed to fight three in one week!

Admittedly they have all been play-tests of my various developments of Joseph Morschauser's FRONTIER wargames rules, but nonetheless I enjoyed the experience tremendously ... and I hope that I can keep up this sort of tempo over the next few months. Mind you, that should not be too difficult as COW2013 (this year's annual Conference of Wargamers) is being held on the first weekend of July ... and that is now just two weeks away.

I have seen the draft programme for COW2013 ... and there are lots of sessions that I want to attend. In fact, I am spoilt for choice, and it looks like being yet another excellent weekend of wargaming in pleasant surroundings and with a great bunch of people!

As to what will happen after COW ... well one priority will be to write a long blog entry about the conference and another will be to draft my session reports for THE NUGGET. I then hope to carry on developing Joseph Morschauser's FRONTIER wargames rules as I think that they are going to be the basis of the rules I want to use for my planned Eastern Front/Great Patriotic War project. I also want to try some half-size FUNNY LITTLE WARS battles, and I know that there is going to be a large Megablitz battle held in the middle of August that I want to take part in.

It looks like I will be having a somewhat busy time ahead, with lots to look forward to!

4 comments:

  1. Katsina Kobold,

    It is great to be wargaming again after so long!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katsina? Have you fallen victim to the Curse of Autocorrect :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaptain Kobold,

    It would appear that I have!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.