Pages

Tuesday 21 August 2018

As one writing project comes to an end, another begins

Last Friday the printed proof copy of my book about the members of the Hertfordshire Masters' Lodge (No.4090) who served in the military in the period up to 1920 arrived, and it has been closely scrutinised to see if any errors could be found. Several were, and these have now been corrected and the book is now ready for publication. As I want to it become available for general sale as close to this year's Armistice Day as possible, I will probably release the book in early September.

So, as one writing project comes to an end, the next starts ... and my plan is that this will be entitled THE PORTABLE NAPOLEONIC WARGAME. One thing I realised over the weekend was that although I have enough renovated, varnished, and based figures, I don't have any based artillery pieces to use in any photographs. As a result, I decided to base some, and the results can be seen below.

British Artillery



French Artillery



I'm not sure if I'll need to renovate, varnish, and base any more at present, but as this is a relatively easy job, doing some more should only take me a couple of days.

6 comments:

  1. As a keen player of the PW I'm looking forward to the next book. All the best with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maudlin Jack Tar,

      I hope that the next book won't disappoint you! It should be ready in time for Christmas ... I hope!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Geordie an Exile FoG,

      Some would say too active a retirement ... especially my wife when I am working on a project and she wants something done.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Phil,

      Cheers! I was rather pleased with the way they turned out.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.