Pages

Monday 6 August 2018

Getting my head down and doing some serious work

Over the past few days I have been working hard writing my book about the members of the Hertfordshire Masters' Lodge (No.4090) who served in the military in the period up to 1920. Thanks to the depth of research that had already been done before I started, the writing has taken less time than I expected, and the draft text is now complete. It now remains to be proof read and any corrects made, and once that stage is completed, I can begin the process of transferring the text to Lulu.com and producing the first printed proof copies.

I want to be able to publish the book in time for the centenary of the end of the Great War, and with luck that should not be too difficult a goal to achieve. Interestingly, the original research that was been done included military service (and Civil Defence work) up to 1945. I think that a second volume covering the period 1920 to 1945 would make sense, especially if I can publish it to coincide with the eightieth anniversary of the outbreak of the Second World War.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.