Pages

Saturday 22 May 2021

Arriba Espana!: A positive response to an idea

I normally like to answer every comment made to one of my blog posts, but for reasons that will become clear, I was otherwise occupied yesterday. As a result, I was unable to do so ... so today's blog post is by way of a reply.

Firstly, thanks for all the very positive responses to my idea to republish my original ARRIBA ESPANA! rules with the addition of a set of PORTABLE SPANISH CIVIL WAR WARGAME rules. These will follow the basic design of previous PORTABLE WARGAME rules, but with a few extra bits to make them specifically for wargaming the Spanish Civil War. These extra bits will borrow quite heavily from elements of the original ARRIBA ESPANA! rules and provide readers with a vision of how my wargame designs have evolved and developed over the years.

Secondly, by deciding to pursue this project, it will mean that work on other projects will have to go on hold for a short while. I will be continuing to work on my Eastern Front/Great Patriotic War project, but work on the PORTABLE AMERICAN CIVIL WAR WARGAME book will progress somewhat slower, as will work on the SIMPLE TERRAIN GENERATOR book.

For the first time since my operation, I'm really feeling enthusiastic about a wargame project ... and this has helped to raise my spirits even more. Perhaps I should rename the book from ARRIBA ESPANA! ('Spain, arise!') to ARRIBA BOB!

6 comments:

  1. Bob,
    You realise of course that regardless of the actual title the PW community will now refer to the rules as "Arriba Bob"😀.
    S&F
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike C,

      Unfortunately, it makes me sound a bit like a rather small and not very good bus company!

      S&F

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.