Pages

Sunday 2 May 2021

Working on my Eastern Front/Great Patriotic War project

Before I began the rationalisation of my modelling paints and tools, I had planned to begin work on renovating, basing, and varnishing a large number of 25/28mm pre-painted Del Prado Russian Napoleonic figures to add to my existing collection. However, after finding the two half-finished tanks on my worktable during my recent sort out, I decided to deal with them first ... and this led to me recommence work on my Eastern Front/Great Patriotic War project. Besides the two tanks, I now have a Kubelwagen, a heavy passenger car (probably a Steyr 1500A Kommandeurwagen Kfz 21), and a 6-wheeled SdKfz 231 armoured car on my worktable in various stages of being painted and based.

After the current batch of vehicles is finished, I may well work on some more before going back to my Napoleonic project. I have no definite plans or timescale as such, and just intend to 'go with the flow'. Experience has shown that life tends to be far less stressful if I do that.

8 comments:

  1. I agree. It took a fair number of years to get here though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ross Mac,

      I’m told that wisdom comes with age ... so I must be getting older!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. Hi Bob,
    Good to hear that you'l be working on the WW2 Vehicles before delving into necessary work on your Russian Del Prado figures. You are certainly keeping busy and engaged in activity- I'm looking forward to further news of your Napoleonics. I've a Birthday coming up towards the end of May and I'm trying to make sure that I do have a Project which involves some model making. Best Wishes. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kev Robertson (Kev),

      I needed to get myself mentally into gear, and finding the two half-finished tanks was the right sort of motivation to do so. Having taken the first step, it made sense to initially concentrate on my Eastern Front/Great Patriotic War project.

      Good luck with your own new project.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  3. Hi Bob

    Always best to "go with the flow". It's a hobby, which is supposed to be enjoyable and even fun. All too often we make our lives difficult by setting objectives and sticking to self imposed deadlines. I know only too well, because that is exactly what I do so often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thistlebarrow,

      It’s taken a long time for me to learn to take things easy and to ‘go with the flow’ ... but life has been a lot easier since I did. My recent operation has made me realise that setting myself deadlines was going to stress me at a time when I didn’t need it.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  4. Looking forward to seeing them, Bob.

    Regards, Chris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris Kemp (Chris),

      Hopefully they will be finished tomorrow.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.