Pages

Wednesday 8 June 2022

The Napoleonic Wargaming blog

For years, Paul Leniston (AKA Thistlebarrow) has been fighting Napoleonic campaigns and battles against his wife in their home in Spain. He has written a set of rules that enable them to field several corps per side on his tabletop, and to fight a battle to a conclusion in a relatively short time.

Paul has been recording the outcome of the battles he has fought on his blog – Napoleonic Wargaming – and I have been following them with great interest for some years … and I always enjoy reading his battle reports.

Now, I’m not a dedicated Napoleonic wargamer, even though I do own a reasonably sized collection of figures, but every time I read one of Paul’s blog posts, I am inspired. My only regret is that a lot more wargamers don’t seem to follow Paul’s blog. Certainly, my comments often appear to be the only ones that are made on his blog posts, and I strongly urge any of my regular blog readers who have an interest in Napoleonic wargaming to visit Paul’s blog and to follow it.

10 comments:

  1. Funny thing: I thought I was following his blog, but nothing was appearing on my reading list. Since my traffic is fairly heavy, really think much about it. So I have 'renewed' (supposing it was ever 'newed') my followership...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Archduke Piccolo,

      I am sure that you’ll be able to sort this out … and then you can catch up on recent events.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Jennifer,

      I don’t think that you will be disappointed.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  3. Hi Bob

    Thanks very much for the unexpected, but very much appreciated, mention. I will admit to a slight blush when I read your glowing report.

    As you know my motivation for writing all three blogs is my personal satisfaction and to provide a permanent record of my wargaming and walking activities.

    But it is always nice to get feedback. I always appreciate your comments and hope that you will continue to do so.

    best regards

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thistlebarrow (Paul),

      I felt that your blog wasn’t getting the level of recognition it deserved, which is why I wrote this blog post. Hopefully it will spark more interest in your blog and encourage others to make comments on your excellent posts.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  4. Hi Bob

    I have posted a blog on the same subject on my Napoleonic Wargaming blog. It will be interesting to see if it prompts any comments

    regards

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thistlebarrow (Paul),

      I’ll be interested to see the response.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  5. Bob, it is good to see you promote another wargamer's blog you see as deserving of broader exposure. I always enjoy Paul's walking tours about the Spanish countryside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jonathan Freitag,

      I do mention other blogs and bloggers as and when the opportunity arises … and Paul’s really deserves great exposure.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.