Pages

Wednesday 28 August 2024

Mimi and Toutou Go Forth ... revisited

Many years ago I wrote a simple set of naval gunboat rules so that I could take a game to COW (Conference of Wargamers) about operations on Lake Tanganyika during the Great War. I later published them in GRIDDED NAVAL WARGAMES.

Last weekend, fellow blogger David Crook asked for copies of the damage record cards I had drawn for the game as he wanted to use the rules. As he needed damage record cards for several other ships that took part in these operations, I drew them for him. As a result, I now have a total of six damage record cards and these are shown below:

HMS Mimi

HMS Toutou

HMS Fifi (the captured SMS Kingani)

SMS Kingani

SMS Hedwig von Wissmman

SMS Graf von Goltz

4 comments:

  1. BOB,
    I certainly would like to see examples of your Gunboat models- are they for 15mm figures? All The Best. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kev Robertson (Kev),

      My models of Mimi, TOUTOU, and Kingani are all 1:300th-scale. I made these drawings for David Crook for forthcoming battle he is fighting (See http://awargamingodyssey.blogspot.com/2024/08/the-first-of-few.html)

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. Hello there Bob,

    Many thanks for these - I hope to be getting the new models into action soon!

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David Crook,

      It was a pleasure to draw them for you, and I look forward to seeing you models in action.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.