Monday, 29 March 2010

I blame my cold ...

I sat down this evening to set up what I had hoped would be the final set of tests I will need to run before I finalise the card-driven turn sequence ... and then I realised that I had got the numerical values for the different Command Abilities totally wrong in my last blog entry!

The card-drive turn sequence that I will be testing should read as follows:

Before battle commences
  • Each side’s commander is allocated a Command Ability.
    • Good = 2
    • Average = 3
    • Poor = 4
  • Each side is allocated a colour – Red or Black.
  • The number of units each side is fielding is counted and a playing card of the appropriate colour is allocated for each unit. These cards form the Unit Activation Pack.
  • Before the first turn the Unit Activation Pack is thoroughly shuffled and placed face down where both players can see it.
During a battle
  • The top playing card in the Unit Activation Pack is turned over to reveal which side will have the opportunity to activate a unit.
  • The commander of that side must then see if they can activate the unit. They throw a D6.
    • If the score is equal to or more than the commander’s Command Ability, they may activate a unit of their choice.
    • If the score is less than the commander’s Command Ability, they may not activate a unit.
  • Once an activated unit has completed all the actions it may take, the playing card is discarded and the next playing card in the Unit Activation pack is turned over and the procedure is repeated.
  • Once all the playing cards in the Unit Activation Pack have been turned over the turn has ended. The playing cards in the Unit Activation Pack are gathered together and are shuffled again before the next turn begins.
The only thing that I can say in mitigation for this very stupid mistake is that I am currently suffering from a very heavy cold, and when I wrote yesterday's blog entry I was not totally with it.

That's my excuse anyway ...

No comments:

Post a Comment