Pages

Wednesday 5 June 2019

A portable Portable Wargame board? I think so!

True to their word, Warbases not only produced the larger version of the JUGULA game board that I requested, but also delivered it to me in double-quick time!

The original, smaller board looked like this ...


... but the larger one looks like this:


The increase from 40mm squares to 50mm squares makes a lot of difference, as can be seen from the above. (The figures and terrain items have been used to show how much a difference the increase in size makes.)

The larger board has an 8 x 8 squared grid that measures 400mm x 400mm, and the board itself measures 480mm x 480mm. The maximum dimensions of each of the four parts are 240mm x 240mm ... which makes it very easy to pack away and store.


I'm itching to try the new board out, but I need to finish work on my 'Carry On up the Nile!' project first ... which should be by the end of the week!

Please note that the game named JUGULA is © Gripping Beast.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Mike Taylor,

      I certainly plan to colour it in some way.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Conrad Kinch,

      Good news! Warbases have added an 8 x 8 Portable Wargame board to their catalogue!

      https://warbases.co.uk/product/portable-wargaming-board-8-x-8-50mm/

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  3. It's becoming a way of life or rather a philosophy! An IKEA approach to wargaming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geordie an Exiled FoG,

      Nothing wrong with that in my opinion ... especially if it comes with Swedish meatballs, chips, and sauce!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  4. Just taken delivery of a 40mm board. Very portable.
    Next (inevitably) the 50mm version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barry Carter,

      I'm currently painting my 40mm board ... and learning some useful lessons along the way. In due course I'll be writing a blog entry about how it turns out,

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  5. I look forward to reading your observations on painting the board. I'm a bit of a dummy when it comes to painting anything beyond just slapping a base colour on a surface.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barry Carter,

      I'm trying one or two 'new' techniques to get the effect I want to achieve.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.