Pages

Tuesday 28 January 2020

Setting some priorities

Over the past few months I’ve been vacillating between several projects. After a break of over two years, I’ve finally organised my renovated 25/28mm-scale Napoleonic collection into ‘formations in a box’, and these have recently been featured on my blog. I’ve also been making progress with my 20mm-scale Eastern Front/Great Patriotic War project, and have reached the point where I can begin organising some of the German figures into ‘formations in a box’. The one project I haven’t made much progress with is writing my PORTABLE COLONIAL WARGAME book.

I think that it is now time to get a grip, put my other projects to one side, and to do some work on my book. Before I do so, I want to properly record the number of renovated figures in my Napoleonic collection, and I intend to do that over the next few days. I also want to make sure that the vehicles I need to complete two or three German 20mm-scale ‘formations in a box’ are renovated so that I can draw a (temporary) line under the project. Once those tasks are complete, work on my book can recommence.

6 comments:

  1. I’m excited about a colonial portable wargame, especially if it has a somewhat developed solo mode. I have a hard time getting opponents for armies that are equally matched technologically. I imagine it will be harder to get friends/family to play as the local forces.
    The card driven activation in The Portable Wargame is a start, but I still have a hard time surprising myself with clever tactics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RyanRecker,

      The rules will be based on the those in the first PORTABLE WARGAME book and THE PORTABLE NAPOLEONIC WARGAME.

      I am planning to include a mini campaign and my terrain generation system ... and hopefully, some examples of Army Lists for users. If I can come up with a way in which a player (or players) can battle against an automated enemy, I’ll include that as well.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
    2. Don't fret, Ryan. It will turn out alright someday. I'm 69, and my memory is getting so bad, I can play one side and forget about what I did when switching to the opposing side, so it's always a big surprise. Then I...um...what are we talking about?

      Chris Johnson

      Delete
    3. Chris,

      How true! How very true!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Anthony Morton,

      I aim to get the book ready in time for SALUTE ... but the actual timescale depends upon external events and pressures over which I might not have much control.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.