Pages

Tuesday 10 August 2021

My Army Black cavalry (and mounted officers) are painted!

Whilst waiting for our new oven to be delivered on Sunday, I finally managed to finish painting and varnishing my FUNNY LITTLE WARS/PORTABLE WARGAME ARMY BLACK cavalry (two units of Hussars) and three mounted officers.

The figures are shown still attached to their temporary painting based, and as soon as time permits, they will be fixed to their unit bases and added to my ARMY BLACK. The Hussars do not represent any real units but are currently known as the 1st (Red) Hussars and 2nd (Blue) Hussars and can easily be distinguished from each other by the colours of their busby bag and sabretache.

It was very satisfying to get these figures completed, and for the first time ever I can actually say that I enjoyed painting horse!

12 comments:

  1. Hello there Bob,

    Very nice looking indeed! Once they are their bases they will be worthy and colourful addition to Army Black.

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David Crook,

      Cheers! I was very pleased with the end results, and they are probably the best figures I have painted for years.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. They look great Bob, I like a shiny toy soldier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simon,

      Cheers!

      The shiny finish seems to help make the colours look more vibrant.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
    2. I use brush on gloss varnish on all my 10mm figures.

      Delete
    3. Simon,

      An excellent choice … and one that no doubt enhances the way they look on the tabletop.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Ross Mac,

      Cheers! I’m very pleased with these new additions to my Army Black.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  4. BOB,
    You've done a splendid job of the Cavalry - 15mm does have a certain charm and these look great. Unit Bases will look nice too when finished. Best Wishes. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kev Robertson (Kev),

      Cheers! 15mm figures are about the smallest I feel happy painting and they are very easy to store.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Tradgardmastare,

      Cheers! They do look as if they are ready to get to work fighting a foreign foe, don’t they’d?

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.