Pages

Sunday 30 October 2022

Napoleon's War: The 100 Days

As I have written many times before, it took me a long time to get really interested in the Napoleonic era, and after several failed attempts to put a figure collection together, it wasn't until Del Prado published their WATERLOO LIVE series of magazines and associated 25/28mm figures that I finally began to put a proper collection together.

Once the bug had bitten, I continued to acquire more figures and a few relevant board games, and now I have added a copy of NAPOLEON'S WAR: THE 100 DAYS to my collection.

I did this on the recommendation of David Crook, and to be frank, it was not cheap (a nearly new copy cost me just under £60.00) ... but now that it has arrived and I have unpacked it, I think that I certainly got my money's worth!

The game includes:

  • 120 plastic figures in three colours (red, blue, and grey to represent the Anglo-Dutch, French, and Prussian armies)
  • 1 Counter Sheet
  • 4 Gameboards (one each for Wavre, Ligny, Quatre Bras, and Waterloo)
  • A book of rules
  • Two D6 dice

The figures are very reminiscent of those found in some of the more recent versions of RISK, and the figures (which all seem to be wearing British Army uniforms) are about 12mm.

I am looking forward to playing the battles featured in the game, and now that I have a copy, it may well be possible to fight a remote face-to-face one with David Crook.


NAPOLEON'S WAR: THE 100 DAYS was designed by Grant and Mike Wylie and produced by Worthington Games in 2010.

4 comments:

  1. BOB,
    An interesting looking Napoleonic Packaged Game- would it be possible to adapt the Rules to play out a game with your Del Prado 25mm instead of using the 12mm figures? Anyway- how is the NEW Fridge going Bob- hope it has strong Hinges. Best Wishes. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kev Robertson (Kev),

      I must admit that that idea had not yet struck me, but it certainly makes to do what you suggest in your comment. As to the fridge … well, the new one is a lot better than the old one. It holds more and makes far less noise.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. I've seen used copies listed around $90 US, so £60 seems pricey but better than some collector prices. I've enjoyed Worthington's Hold the Line: The American Revolution, which I think uses the same system; it offers a bit more player choice than, say, the Commands & Colors card mechanics (though I enjoy those, too). Interested to see how it works for remote games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter Schweighofer,

      At the current exchange rate, £60 is less than $100, so it was not too expensive.

      I’m looking forward to playing this game in the near future, and we’ll see if we can play it remotely.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.