Pages

Monday 8 July 2019

My COW2019 report ... will be along soon-ish

I finally got back from COW at about 7.25pm after what can best be described as a very stop-start car journey back from Knuston Hall. Once home, I unpacked the car, restored my comforts, and then set off with Sue to have some dinner. Luckily, the local Turkish restaurant was open and we both had a great meal. (Sue had Lamb Kebab with salad whilst I had Lamb Iskender.) This gave me time to wind down and begin to relax, and by the time we returned home, I could barely keep my eyes open.

This morning I woke up at 8.00am, having slept for far longer than I normally do. After making Sue a cup of tea, I carried all the wargaming stuff I had brought back from COW up to my toy/wargame room on the top floor, and left it there to be sorted out later today. I then dealt with the contents of my email inbox (isn't the 'delete' button wonderful when it comes to trimming down the pile of unwanted and unnecessary emails that accumulate in a mater of a few days!), and flagged up those messages that either needed a reply and required me to take some sort of action.

I am told that we going to have to go shopping later this morning and I have a stack of COW-related administration (mainly bookings for COW2020!) to process as soon as I can. The upshot of this is that my COW2019 report will not get written today, and may well have to wait until Wednesday to be published. I'm sorry to have to disappoint my regular blog readers who were hoping to read my report today, but I can assure them that it will be worth reading when it finally appears.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading it but in advance of your prose - I have to see great seeing you again Bob, the whole CoW experience energised me in most unexpected ways

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geordie an Exiled FoG,

      It was great meeting you and Ian, and I'm already looking forward to seeing you both again next year.

      I've returned from COW with my enthusiasm fully restored and my ennui gone. I have plans afoot ... and it will be featured on my blog in due course.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.