Pages

Saturday 6 July 2019

Other people's Portable Wargame battle reports: An imagi-nations Colonial 'hidden scenario' battle

This really should be a 'what I did at COW on Friday' report ... but having read Archduke Piccolo's most recent PORTABLE WARGAME battle report, I just felt that I had to share it with my other regular blog readers.

Over the past week, Archduke Piccolo has been writing about a recent imagi-nations Colonial battle that he fought using my rules and what can best be described as a 'hidden scenario'. In other words, the scenario for the battle is based on a real one, but set in a slightly different location and/or at a different time.

The three parts of the battle report cane be read using the following links:
The following photographs give a flavour of the action, which saw both sides (Ruberia and Turkowaz) fight each other to standstill.







Please note that the photographs featured above are © Archduke Piccolo.

4 comments:

  1. That is a very impressive looking game:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve J.,

      It is ... and there is already a promise of a follow-up battle!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the plug, Bob. You know, I didn't really think of the 'disguised scenario' thing, but of course, so it was... The follow-up battle might have to wait until I've knocked together a gunboat. More (I hope) on that, later.
    Cheers,
    Ion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Archduke Piccolo (Ion),

      It was my pleasure both to read your battle report and to mention it on my blog. I know that quite a few people have both enjoyed it and been inspired by it.

      I look forward to seeing your new model gunboat.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.