Pages

Wednesday 8 April 2020

Other people's Portable Wargame battle reports: The Seven Years War

What do you get when you mixed THE PORTABLE NAPOLEONIC WARGAME rules with figures from the collection of the late Eric Knowles? You get an excellent set of PORTABLE SEVEN YEARS WAR rules and some great battle reports!

On his THE RAGGED SOLDIER blog, David in Suffolk has featured a couple of battle reports where he has used a variant of my PORTABLE NAPOLEONIC WARGAME rules. (The changes he has made are summarised on his blog.) The latest is entitled 'The Combat at Vier Arme', and I thoroughly recommend my regular blog readers to visit the blog and read his battle reports.



Please note that the photographs featured above are © David in Suffolk.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you very much indeed, Bob! I will summarise my rules modifications in an upcoming post. It's been great fun, so thanks again for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David in Suffolk,

      It was my pleasure to mention your blog, and I look forward to seeing the summary of your modifications.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. People keep playing it Bob - that is a good sign ;)
    Must admit I thought I would have immersed myself in games by now by other than a few "bits and bobs" it has been BAU on the games front. OK I am still working but there is so much more down time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geordie an Exiled FoG,

      The feedback I’ve had has been very positive, with a fair number of people saying that they are using PW during the current pandemic because it can be played solo or using things like Skype.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.