Pages

Friday 4 February 2022

A right-hand jab

Just to reassure my regular blog readers, this blog post isn’t about boxing!

Yesterday morning Sue and I had our pneumonia vaccinations. This is a once-in-a-lifetime jab, and it is recommended that everyone over the age of sixty-five should have it. As pneumonia is the most common cause of death amongst the elderly, especially those who contract COVID-19, it made lots of sense to be vaccinated.

The only problem are the side effects. Both Sue and I have felt very tired since we had our jabs (we both dozed off several times yesterday afternoon), and the arms in which we had our respective vaccinations felt very heavy. Sue also had a slightly higher than normal temperature and I have had a headache. As a result, neither of us did anything that we had planned to do yesterday. In my case, this meant that I wasn’t able to play test my World War 2 FP3x3PW rules. However, as I am feeling a bit better today, I’m going to try to fight a play test battle this afternoon.


Why did I mention a right-hand jab in the title of this blog post? Because I am left-handed, and always have jabs in my right arm!

10 comments:

  1. I had vertigo for a couple of days. It’s funny how varied the side effects are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve8,

      That must have been very unpleasant. Some years ago, I had vertigo as a result of an ear infection … and I felt awful.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. I didn't realize there was a pneumonia jab. When Covid calms diwn I'll have to investigate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ross Mac,

      It is available on the NHS to all those over 70 years old and a list of younger vulnerable people.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  3. Hope you feel better soon, Bob. I'll remember to have mine in the left arm when the time comes in about two years.
    Best wishes, Arthur

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arthur1815 (Arthur),

      Since lunchtime, I’ve felt a lot better, but Sue is still suffering some side effects. The big plus is that her temperature is almost back to normal.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  4. My older brother had the pneumonia jab recently. He said it "kicked his @$$". I haven't had it yet myself (haven't been offered it or had it suggested to me yet; maybe because I am just 65 :P ).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fitz-Badger,

      I must admit that the side effects I suffered from were not too bad, but Sue's have lingered somewhat, getting slightly better each day.

      Id certainly recommend anyone who is offered it to have it, in spite of the side effects.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  5. I hope you and your wife are recovering Bob. Like others I've never heard of a pneumonia jab but it sounds like a very good idea. Good old NHS, still working despite the Governments' best efforts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maudlin Jack Tar,

      We are both getting better, slowly. I'm almost back to normal, but Sue still feels very tired and aches, but her temperature is back to normal.

      Our jabs were done by a local pharmacy as the doctor's surgery is avoiding face-to-face appointments wherever possible. They did my wife's COVID-19 jabs and both our annual flu ones, all of which has helped take pressure of local doctors and the hospitals.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.