Pages

Sunday 4 September 2022

A new flag for Schwarzenberg

My cold seems to have come back with a vengeance, and I've only managed to do a few chores (including some wargame-related ones). However, one thing that I have done is to replace the old flag I was going to use for my imagi-nation of Schwarzenberg ...

... with a new one that looks far more like the current German flag.

Mt reasoning was very simple ... I didn't like the previous one very much and I wanted its replacement to be as Germanic-looking as possible. I started with the current German national flag ...

... and made a few alterations.

I know that this new flag will not please come people, but I am much happier with the end result.

12 comments:

  1. It’s a thumbs up from the Schloß Nundanket 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nundanket,

      Cheers! I am much happier with the new design.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. The new flag is better than the old one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous,

      Cheers! I agree that it’s much better.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  3. Bob -
    I agree. The new improved version has a much more vexillologically Teutonic look.
    Cheers,
    Ion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Archduke Piccolo (Ion),

      Cheers! I felt that it was more Germanic-looking and it’s great to read that other people think so as well.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  4. Another vote for the new flag. The original design looked more like a firm's logo (Everest double glazing, perhaps?) than a European national flag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arthur1815 (Arthur),

      Having looked at a whole encyclopaedia of flags, I couldn’t find any that looked as abstract in design as the original flag … so it had to be changed.

      The new design seems to be getting universal approval, so it was a good move to make.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  5. BOB,
    Well done on the NEW Flag - a great improvement. Yes, we can have a lot of fun with designing Flags to please us. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kev Robertson (Kev),

      Cheers! I have several more flags to design as I devise more imagi-nations.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  6. That first flag looks like a mountain. Was that intentional? it made me think of a famous mountain in Japan. It could be a symbol of a mountain people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quantrilltoy,

      The design was ‘inspired’ by the largest mountain in the country, from which it got its name.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.