Pages

Thursday 19 November 2009

Something very odd is going on ...

I don't quite know what is happening. Normally my blog gets about 150 to 200 'hits' per day, and was averaging just over 120 'hits' per day since last February.

Today something very odd has happened. When I checked about ten minutes ago the number of 'hits' so far today is in excess of 1,000!

Now it is nice to be popular, and an average of 120 'hits' per day is, by the standard of most hobby-related blogs, good ... but 1,000 'hits' in a day is phenomenal ... and a bit disconcerting.

It is a total mystery to me. Has anyone out there got any idea why this is happening?

4 comments:

  1. Do something right and no one notices, make 1 little mistake and everyone flocks to see!


    or perhaps a glitch with a bot or similar. Are they unique hits?
    or perhaps a bit of spam with a typo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I only got the usual 10 or so over at (shameless plug)

    http://wargaming4grownups.blogspot.com/

    I can only suggest that you've put some amusing keyword in your most recent blog. Can't see anything on the TMP fora that would cause these hits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ross Mac,

    I could live with the former (I am constantly making mistakes!) but ...

    I suspect that it is a glitch somewhere. I cannot seem to get the information from the people who supply my counter at present, but as far as I can see, the 'hits' are unique. As you say, it may be a bit of spam with a typo that somehow has attached itself to my blog.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trebian,

    I am at a lost to see how this is happening (the score was up to just over 1,300 'hits' a couple of minutes ago!).

    I can only hope that whatever is causing the surge in what looks like spurious 'hits' is temporary. Time will tell.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.