Pages

Monday 3 April 2023

Work on the Second Portable Wargame Compendium continues

Now that I am not having to spend this week doing jury service, I hope to dedicate more of my time to working on the next issue of the Compendium.

I am also making some more 10cm terrain squares to add to my existing collection and I’ve acquired a 60cm square picture frame to act as a base for a 6 x 6 grid of these terrain squares. I had originally opted for a 5 x 5 grid (and still have the 50cm picture frame that I bought so that I can still go down that route if I want to).

Adding the additional column and row to the grid has effect of increasing the area of the grid by 44% … which is quite a significant increase. It certainly gives me more space to manoeuvre over, especially if I continue to use rules based on the Fast Play 3 x 3 Portable Wargame rules.

4 comments:

  1. Bob,
    I look forward to seeing your latest version of your grid game board. I must admit never investigating portable wargames- the appeal must be the economy of size involved. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kev Robertson (Kev),

      I hope to put a photo of my new 6 x 6 grid on my blog sometime soon.

      I’d certainly recommend the PW to anyone whose space for wargaming is limited … which I don’t think applies to you.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. Strictly going from 25 to 36 is an increase of 44%...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John Armatys,

      Thanks for pointing out my typo, which I have now corrected.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.