Pages

Monday 18 January 2010

PBEM Kriegsspiel – The Waterloo Campaign

I have been asked to take part in a PBEM Kriegsspiel set during 1815. I have been allocated the role of Generalfeldmarschall Graf Gebhard Leberecht von Blücher – commander of the Prussian Army – and I will be writing my/his diary of events as they unfold.
The ‘Beast’ Napoleon has returned from exile and my troops, along with those of my brother-in-arms the Duke of Wellington, are all that stand between stability and anarchy in Europe. The Austrians and Russians are said to be on their way, but I doubt that they will arrive in time to prevent the ‘Beast’ from plunging Europe into bloody war again!
I now have to write my first set of orders as well as sending a courier to convey my intentions to the Duke. More news will follow soon.

4 comments:

  1. I never knew you were 'I am 72 years old and a proud soldier...(pauses to throw a glass of gin and rhubarb on the ground whilst having numerous aides fussing around...)'

    I will really look forward to reading your reports and would love to try something similar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ogrefencer,

    Well the reality is that I am not yet quite 72 years old ... but I am working on it!

    I have run PBMs but have never taken part in a PBEM, so I am on a steep learning curve.

    I am looking forward to the experience, and will keep you - and my other readers - fully informed as things develop.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leaving aside the question of your age, Sir, how are you doing with that "giving birth to an elephant" thing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chis J,

    I hope not ... although I have put a bit of weight on lately!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.