Pages

Sunday 8 September 2013

Drafting the map for my Featherstone Memorial wargame

I had hoped to fight my Featherstone Memorial wargame today ... but circumstances conspired to prevent me from doing so. I did, however, manage to use Cyberboard to begin designing the hexed battlefield I intend to use.

I created a new Cyberboard GameBox and set the size of the battlefield grid as 12 columns of hexes x 8 rows of hexes. (This equates to 16 standard Hexon II 6-hex tiles, giving a total of 96 hexes.) I then used my newly-acquired 'skills' to design terrain tiles for:
  • Hills
  • Trees (including evergreen and deciduous trees)
  • Trees on Hills
  • Built-up Areas
Once that was done I began placing examples of these tiles on my battlefield grid. The resulting battlefield map looked like this:


I have yet to add other details such as roads and place names, but this should not take me too long ... and then I can begin converting the map into a tabletop terrain for my wargame.

4 comments:

  1. The best way to remember this fine chaps does appropriately seem to play one of his games

    Good call Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geordie an Exiled FoG,

    I understand that quite a few wargamers are doing something similar, and I suspect that Donald Featherstone would have appreciated the gesture.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good progress, looking forward to the game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sean,

    The map is finished, the battle fought, and the battle report is now on my blog!

    Read and enjoy!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.