Pages

Tuesday 17 September 2013

Even more ROCO/Roscopf stuff!

Yesterday's post brought with it several boxes of newly-acquired ROCO and Roscopf stuff which will considerably enhance my inventory.

For the Germans there were four Pzkpfw IVs (one of which was a Roskopf model and therefore much smaller than the rest) and two Pzkpfw IIIs, ...





... eight sWS armoured vehicles (two with quadruple 20mm anti-aircraft guns, two with single 37mm anti-aircraft guns, two with infra-red searchlights, and two with multi-barrelled Nebelwerfer launchers), ...





... and seven trucks (four small 4 rad. trucks, one large 4 rad. truck with van body, a Unimog truck with van body, and a tracked RSO truck).





For the Allies there were two 2.5 ton trucks, a 6 ton truck, a high-speed artillery tractor, four cast-hull Shermans, ...





... a trailer, four 155mm howitzers, and five 105mm howitzers (three of which were slightly smaller than the other two).





I am fast reaching the stage where I think that I almost have enough vehicles for my Eastern Front/Great Patriotic War campaign ... but there are still some bits and pieces on sale on eBay that are worth acquiring, so I have not stopped buying ... yet!

12 comments:

  1. I recognise the signs of a buying frenzy. Lucky I've never done it.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had those SWS, as a kid! Takes me back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim Gow,

    I have had to 'invest' heavily so that I can even begin to catch up with you!

    Thanks to eBay (and some sensible bidding) it has not cost me a fortune to acquire what I have recently bought ... and I know that I have even more in my shed.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. BigRedBat,

    I also had quite a few sWS when I was young ... and wish that I still had them. They make ideal replacements/substitutes for the Sdfkz 251 ... as long as you are not too fussy or worried about 100% accuracy.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've inspired me do dig out some old post-war minitanks that I found after I donated my WW2 stuff (including the mighty Conqueror!).

    They match my 18mm MJ figs modern Brits & Argies, so how do I set up a scenario with the Brits having a Conqueror and Centurions and the Argies having T55's?

    Cheers

    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul Bob,

    will you be keeping the sWS with the infra red searchlights? If you are interested in those obscure late war formations I've got some info I can pass on if you want.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nic101 (Nick),

    ROCO and Roskopf vehicles have a charm all of their own, and I used to have a load of the post-war vehicles. I used them to fight my own version of the Cold War, with Airfix British and Russian figures providing the manpower.

    Argies with T-54s? A bit of a problem ... but the Peruvians did use them. Perhaps a British-equipped Chilean army could slog it out with the Peruvians?

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pete,

    I will probably not use the sWS vehicles equipped with the infra-red searchlights 'as is' as my planned campaign is set in 1941, and the sWS vehicles will be 'stand ins' for Sdkfz 251s. That said, my plans might change. It will all depend upon what other ROCO/Roskopf vehicles I manage to buy over the next few weeks. If I do change my mind, I will let you know.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bob,

    The offer is there- they would go well with the 2 Panthers from your collection for a very late war scenario.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pete,

    Thanks very much for the offer. I may well take you up on it in due course.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bob,

    I have a lot of Roco/Roscopf vehicles that I have been trying to sell; at this point mostly American and Russian armor, with some German. I would be glad to send you what you need. Consider it an early Christmas present.

    Best regards,

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chris,

    Thank you very much for your kind offer.

    My project seems to be growing without much of a plan. (I have a vague idea what I am doing, but it is very vague). I hope to use a simple set of hex-based rules, with unit bases similar to those used in Megablitz.

    Any contributions to the forces of either side would be most welcome.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.