Pages

Thursday 19 September 2013

Playing around with Cyberboard

In the odd free hour or two I have had away from the gardening I have been doing, I have been playing around with Cyberboard. I decided to produce some more terrain tiles for my Cyberboard maps, and after some considerable thought I decided that I wanted to produce map icons that were more pictorial and less topographical in style.

So far I have created:
  • Fortresses (three types: Medieval-style, Vauban-style, and Desert-style)
  • Hills
  • Hills with Trees
  • Mountains
  • Towns and villages: Mediterranean (two alternatives)
  • Towns and villages: North European (two alternatives)
  • Trees (deciduous, pine, and palm)
The results are shown below:


I know that they will not be to everyone's taste, but they do show what can be achieved with a little time and patience.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! The vauban style city should have church spires poking up, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justin Penwith,

    I have yet to draw a fortified town ... but your suggestion is very tempting!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done. It should be easy to have clear icons for small, medium and large towns based on the number of buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ross Mac,

    Thanks ... and I like the idea of using different numbers of buildings to represent small, medium, and large towns.

    At present I am still experimenting with what I can do with Cyberboard, but each experiment brings with it improvements. I am not quite there yet ... but I am making progress.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.