Pages

Wednesday 6 July 2022

My latest Belle Époque army: A progress report.

Just over a week ago I mentioned on my blog that the next group of figures that I intended to renovate was the non-Hadendowa figures from my 15mm Mahdist army. I had already removed them from their original bases and decided that I needed to renovate them in manageable batches.

The first batch I tackled were the cavalry (sixteen figures) and camelry (twelve figures). These had not been particularly well painted originally. For example, the manes and tails of the horses had been left in the same colour as the horses’ bodies, and no ‘socks’ had been painted on their legs. I rectified this (and several other minor faults) when I renovated the figures.

It was at this point that I realised that I had almost run out of unit bases. I had enough to base the cavalry, but not enough for the camelry. I immediately ordered some more from Warbases, and with luck they will arrive in a day or so. In the meantime, I hope to begin work on the next batch of figures, which will probably be the rifle-armed infantry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.