Pages

Tuesday 9 May 2023

Collectors Guide to Britains Model Soldiers

I first saw this book when it was published in 1980 but did not buy a copy as funds were a little low at the time. (I think that it might have been related to saving up to get married!) This was something that I always regretted, and when Tradgardmastare featured it in a recent blog post, I was determined to buy a copy.

One of my regular blog reader (Elliesdad/Geoff) made me aware that several copies were on sale via eBay, I found one at a very reasonable price, put in an offer ... and I am now the proud owner of my own copy!

Although I am not able to consider myself an avid collector of Britains figures (I do have quite a few of the later ones that were sold in sets), its nice to have such an extensive catalogue to hand. Furthermore, its author has always been something of an inspiration to me ever since I first read about his garden wargames, so hiving a copy of his book on my bookshelves brings me even more pleasure.


COLLECTORS GUIDE TO BRITAINS MODEL SOLDIERS was written by John Ruddle and published in 1980 by Model and Allied Publications 9ISBN 0 85242 568 6).

4 comments:

  1. Bob,
    Yes, often we seem to have missed out on obtaining copies of earlier books only now to be able to obtain older books using e-Bay. I for one am looking forward to receiving a Donald Featherstone book which I purchased recently- it is always good to have books which trigger fond memories of days gone by. Best Wishes. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kev Robertson (Kev),

      Absolutely! I hope that your Featherstone book arrives soon and gives you loads of enjoyment.

      All the best.

      Bob

      Delete
  2. Well done Bob.....I am assuming your comment in para one is not intended to be read as you have always regretted marrying...or, indeed, saving up to get married?! 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rross,

      I found the saving difficult … but not the marriage!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.