Pages

Wednesday 24 May 2023

Souvenirs from my recent cruise

Over recent years I’ve not bought many souvenirs back from the cruises I’ve been on, but this time I did.

In Lisbon I bought a 3D greetings card kit, ...

... which contains a number of 2D representations of major buildings in the city, including:

  • The Carmo Ruins and The Santa Justa elevator
  • The Castle of Sao Jorge
  • The Belem Tower and The Monument to the Discoveries
  • The Lisbon Cathedral
  • The Rua Augusta Arch and The Commercial Square (AKA Black Horse Square)
  • The National Pantheon

These could easily be used to make 2D buildings for wargames.

In Óbidos I bought a small model of the town's fortress.

In Normandy I bought a flag of the Norman region.

Not a big haul of souvenirs, but an interesting one.

8 comments:

  1. Bob,
    The model of the little Fortress is a beaut- lots of interesting architecture in it's design- hard to tell the model size. Regards. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kev Robertson (Kev),

      The model is about 1:300th-scale but without anything like a 15mm figure to compare it with, it looks just the the sort of fort Elastolin or one with of the other German toy makes would have made.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. Plenty that can be done with those greeting cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Archduke Piccolo (Ion),

      I have a few ideas in the pipeline …

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  3. …that castle’s a cracker, Bob. Lovely find! Will that end up as a border fort on the Stalbanian border, perhaps??!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martin S.,

      It’s a very nice model. It’s a bit small for use alongside my 15mm figures … but not too small.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
    2. Great souvenirs Bob, I too am always on the lookout for something that can be used for game. Especially small castles. Best wishes- Bob

      Delete
    3. Glory to Ruritania,

      I have a huge collection of small buildings that are suitable for wargaming that I’ve bought over the years, mainly in Croatia, Italy, and Greece.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.