Pages

Saturday 10 October 2009

"What a mistake-a to make-a!"

At the moment I am feeling a bit like Capitano Alberto Bertorelli (seen below with Private Helga Geerhart, Lieutenant Hubert Gruber, and General Leopold von Flockenstuffen in an episode of 'ALLO 'ALLO).

A member of Wargame Developments contacted me for the password so that he could read the online PDF versions of the 2009 – 2010 issues of THE NUGGET ... and I managed to send it out to everyone on the Wargame Developments Discussion Group (WDDG) by mistake.

An eagle-eyed member of Wargame Developments spotted my gaff … and told me straight away. As a result I have had to change the password for the forthcoming year.

This would – in itself – not have been a problem except that about three hours ago – before the mistake was spotted – I posted the now defunct password to all the full and e-members of Wargame Developments.

As Capitano Alberto Bertorelli would have said “What a mistake-a to make-a!.”

2 comments:

  1. I noticed your gaff, but didn't take advantage of it because I'm good like that. I do hope that it hasn't allowed the less scrupulous members of the internet to plunder your bandwidth and resources? You have my sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paint it Pink,

    Luckily the gaff was spotted before too much damage was done ... and as far as I can see most people behaved like you and did not take advantage of the situation. Many thanks for that ... and for your commiserations.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.