Pages

Tuesday 14 February 2012

Aaargh! Clumsy ... or what?

I have just managed to tread on the hull I had made for my 'Monopoly' battleship ... and broke it!

It was my own fault. I had bent down to get a book off of one of the lower bookshelves in my toy/wargames room and as I stood up, I stepped back ... not realising that I had just knocked the recently finished hull off the table just behind where I was standing. I heard and felt the 'crunch' before I realised what I had done.

I have consigned the mangled remains to the rubbish bin ... and have decided to put this project on 'hold' for a day or two. In the meantime I am going to finish building and painting some more 1:1200th-scale merchant ships ... and possibly writing a 'How to ...' blog entry about the methods I have used.

4 comments:

  1. ouch. This story brings a palpable shiver to my spine. Consign it to histiry, take a deep breath and move on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee Hadley,

    Its the only thing to do, isn't it?

    We all have accidents. Today it was my turn ... and nothing was hurt but my pride.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bob,

    I feel the pain of your injured pride! I am sure the next next attempt will be a great success though!

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
  4. David Crook,

    I will have another attempt in the very near future ... once I feel a bit luckier!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.