Pages

Sunday 26 February 2012

Expanding the fleet

This morning my wife and I went to the local shopping centre, and whilst I was there I was able to pop into the local branch of ModelZone. I visit the branch every couple of weeks - more in hope than expectation - but today I had a very pleasant surprise! For the first time they actually had an Airfix 'Sink the Bismarck' set on sale ... so I bought it! Not only that ... they also had several Revell 1:1200th-scale kits on sale so I bought them as well (three Duke of Yorks ...


... and two Bismarcks).


The Duke of Yorks will be built to represent three of the ships of the King George V-class battleships and the Bismarcks will be consigned to the 'spares' box ... for the time being. I already had two Airfix Bismarcks and today's purchase of a third means that I can build both Bismarck and Tirpitz and have lots of spare parts for possible light cruisers and other conversions/scratch-builds.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Bob,

    Lots of possibilities there for sure! I want to get a third Revell Gniesenau simply because the turret mounted floatplane was removed quite early on and the kit has it as an integral piece.

    Which three KGVs will you be modelling?

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
  2. David Crook,

    I would love to get hold some of the other Revell 1:1200th-scale models ... and I will certainly buy them when I see them.

    I am not sure which of the KGVs I will model. Probably the first three to start with, and the last two if and when other kits become available.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Conrad Kinch,

    They will do ... when required!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat G,

    Until you had mentioned it, I had never heard of the P1000 Ratte ... but I have now!

    I am surprised that Battlefront Miniatures have not yet made one for 'Flames of War' ... but no doubt they will do at some time in the future.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.