Pages

Wednesday 7 July 2010

What next?

The week or so after COW can seem like a bit of an anti-climax. For a start one usually feels very tired, having stayed up too long playing wargames, drinking, talking, and generally 'chilling out' with one's mates. Then there is the effect of having to go back to work or – in the case of those who are lucky enough to have retired from full-time employment – back to not working.

The last few days have seen me spending a lot of my spare time tying up the administrative loose ends that remain from COW2010 and processing the bookings that are already coming in for COW2011 (twenty two as I write this blog during my Wednesday lunch break). By now I should have begun the process of unpacking the stuff I took to COW and putting it away ... and getting myself sorted out as well. The problem is that I seem to have been overcome by a general feeling of weariness, and I am finding it very difficult to motivate myself to get on and get things done.

So what can I do to break myself out of the lethargy that seems to have a firm grip on me at the moment?

Why, write some new wargames rules and plan a new project of course!

As yet my ideas are still rather vague, but it is very likely that it:
  • Will be a further development of Joseph Morschauser’s ‘Frontier’ rules (I like some of the ideas that the rules include; for example, that artillery fires at the beginning of each turn and before any movement or other combat takes place)
  • Will be set in the period from 1860 to 1940 (This is my favourite period of history after all)
  • May involve one or more imagi-nations (I still have my Maldacia project to finish sometime soon, and this might just be the spur I need to get it done)
In other words … more of the same!

I am beginning to feel more energised already; I just hope that it lasts until I get home.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Bob,

    A new project, or even revisiting an old one, (so it seems like a new one!)is a soothing balm for a battered spirit.

    I always enjoy picking up things that have gone 'off the boil' as the renewed enthusiasm will take things further along and so the end result comes closer.

    All the best,

    Ogre

    PS Girding my loins for a furher run at the Balkan wars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Write your CoW reports and relive the excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ogrefencer,

    I still have one or two things to do before I can get my 'new' project underway ... such as handle the COW bookings that have just arrived (another two!) and write my COW reports.

    Still, by the weekend things might just have returned to something like normal.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trebian,

    I hope to write my onside and offside reports later this week.

    After that I shall be a free man ...

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.