Pages

Thursday 6 February 2014

Progress is being made ... slowly

The spring clean of my toy/wargames room has continued today ... but progress has been slower than I had hoped.

Today I have concentrated on sorting out my modelling tools (e.g. razor saws, modelling knives, files, clamps etc.) and I had not realised quite how much stuff I owned. I have thrown away anything that was damaged and/or dangerous, and where I have had duplicates of the same tool I have usually only kept the one that was in the best condition.

With luck this part of my spring cleaning task should be finished later today. I will then rationalise my paints and paint brushes before moving on to the next stage of the process ... which is likely to be the storage boxes that contain my collection of painted 15mm-scale buildings and unmade model kits.

4 comments:

  1. You do realise that what you are doing is incredibly dangerous? I started doing this about 2 years ago. I discovered boxes in my garage that I hadn't opened since leaving the uk some 30 years ago. I was absolutely certain I could just toss them out as I hadn't been near them in years. BIG MISTAKE. I found toys I have no idea how I lived without during the intervening years . I ended up categorising the lot and planning new projects then putting them back in boxes for later use. Yeah right. They are still in the boxes.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robert De Angelis,

    Dangerous? I should say so!

    So far I have found enough Britains artillery to equip several FLW Divisions, several razor saws I do not remember buying, enough steel 1p and 2p coins to base several hundred figures, a load of hamster bedding that can be used to mark vehicles and buildings that are on fire ... and that I just one draw full!

    The next draw contains a small light table, a bag full of GW barbed wire(!), several jars of polystyrene glue, two tubes of Copydex, several Pritt sticks, a load of small tubs of the sort that I used to keep water in whilst I was painting, and several boxes of Rapesco Supaclips.

    Who knows what else I will find?

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a real voyage of discovery, but do t get rid of too much. You'll only regret it later. Copydex eh? I've not seen any of that for decades!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tim Gow,

    I am discovering things that I had forgotten that I had ... and making decisions about what I will need for the future. Rest assured that nothing that I think I might need is being disposed of ... but any surplus is!

    I use Copydex to fix metal figures to bases when I am painting them. It has a good grip ... but becuase it is rubber it peels off afterwards very easily.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.