Pages

Saturday 8 February 2014

Sixty-four ... and one day

After enjoying a great birthday yesterday that included eating an excellent dinner with my wife at a nearby Italian restaurant called Da Peppino ...



... today it was back to the serious business of spring cleaning my toy/wargames room.

I have been working on this for most of the day, and I am now at the stage where I seem to have no room left in which to sort out what I have but previous experience tells me that this is the precursor to the final stage of the task, and with a bit of luck I should be finished tomorrow.

I have found quite a lot of stuff that I had forgotten that I had, including several large pieces of green and tan-coloured felt. These will be ideal for use as playing surfaces for my PORTABLE WARGAME, as will the set of Chessex vinyl gridded mats I have found. I also have several rolls of green and desert-coloured vinyl that Games Workshop used to sell, and these are also being 'saved' for possible future use.

I still have several large storage boxes left to open and go through, but they should be sorted by later this evening ... and with luck I will be able to put everything I am keeping back into storage boxes etc., during the course of Sunday afternoon. I will have some stuff that I will be getting rid of, but I suspect that it will be a lot less than I originally thought.

4 comments:

  1. It's great fun and even more of a surprise when you get to open storage boxes belonging to someone else.

    The pre-cursor to this fun was indeed a sad loss, my old chum is irreplaceable but he would be glad to know that he is still entertaining us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim Duncan,

    It is great to find things that you had forgotten that you owned.

    Having cleared two houses (my father-in-law's and my father's) in the past few years, I can understand the mixed feelings you must have opening boxes that belonged to your friend.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tradgardmastare,

    Thank you very much for your best wishes.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.