Pages

Friday 1 December 2023

A Lidl present

Sue paid a visit to the local branch of Lidl yesterday ... and came back with a pre-Christmas present for me!

In truth, it was actually four pre-Christmas present, as Lidl had a special offer on Airfix kits, each of which came with its own glue and paints. Therefore, I am now the proud owner of 1:72nd/1:76th plastic kits of ...

... a Supermarine Spitfire Mk.1A fighter, ...

... a Curtiss Tomahawk IIB fighter, ...

... a Folland Gnat T.1 trainer, ...

... and Pzkpfw VI Tiger I tank.

I'm not sure when I will build these kits, but they will certainly give me something to do if I want a break from my other projects.

6 comments:

  1. I haven't built an Airfix in more years than I can think, certainly none in adulthood, something I may have to remedy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donnie McGibbon,

      Now’s your chance to remedy that situation … but I’d get to your local branch asap as a lot of people seemed to be buying the kits in my local store.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. I haven't built a model kit in years - as a teenager it was one of my main hobbies - I noticed we have a new Lidil in town - I may have to pop in !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Good Soldier Svjek,

      I suspect that the sales are aimed at the 8 to 12-year-olds and the dad (‘I haven’t made one of those n years’ market.

      They were selling fast in my local store, so don’t leave going to your’s too long.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  3. They had a Sherman Firefly kit in as well in our local Lidl. I was tempted to buy the Tomahawk for some future games and for the please if actually building a kit again after too many years. Still time to rectify this if I'm lucky...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve J.,

      I did wonder if Sue might have bought the Sherman Firefly rather than the Tiger, but I’m very pleased with her choice. I’m particularly pleased that Sue chose the Folland Gnat, which has always been a favourite aircraft of mine.

      Enjoy building your first kit for years!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.