Pages

Friday 3 September 2010

The computer says ...

There is a character – Carol Beer – in the TV series LITTLE BRITAIN whose catchphrase is 'The computer says no!' Well today I must have been using her computer! Every thing I have tried to do this morning has been met with some onscreen message that told me that I had to doing something else first ... and then would not let me do what I wanted to do in the first place even though I had done what I had been told to do!

If it had just been me, then I would have felt that I was developing some form of computer-generated paranoia ... but everyone around me seemed to be suffering similar problems. The latest thing the system seems to be doing is allocating students to tutor groups ... even though it has not been asked to do so. The end result has been that my tutor group, which is supposed to be made up of just students that I teach, has be allocated students from other subject areas, and the students that I teach have been allocated to other subject area tutor groups.

We start the induction programme for new students on Monday morning, and I have a feeling that it is going to be more than a bit chaotic. As Private Frazer would have said, 'We're doomed!'

Thank God I have plenty of hexed terrain to paint!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Bob,

    Good news!

    Spanish Civil War Tanks by Osprey.

    http://theminiaturespage.com/news/625487/

    Enjoy,

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim Wright,

    I looked for this in the local bookshop at the end of last month, but was told that it would not be published for at least another month!

    I have been looking forward to this book for a long time ... and will buy it as soon as I see it!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.