Pages

Saturday 18 September 2010

Two years on ...

The 18th September is my blog anniversary. I set up this blog and wrote my first blog entry on that day in 2008 ... and since then I have written six hundred and eleven further blog entries (this is the 612th!).

I still enjoy writing my blog, and will continue to do so as long as I enjoy doing it. It has brought me great pleasure, an even wider group of people with whom I can discuss wargaming and other topics, and – most importantly – it has made me do things that I have thought about doing but never quite got around to. Saying in print that 'I am going to play-test my new rules' leaves an expectation amongst your readers that you are going to do so ... so you have to!

So with that in mind, I am about to go and set up a tactical situation using the board, figures, and dice from my copy of BATTLE CRY in order to test out my ideas regarding some developments to that games combat system ... and then I will have to write a blog entry about it because I said that I would ...

4 comments:

  1. Happy Blog Birthday, sir. . . . and many happy returns!


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to the next 600+ - keep 'em coming Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bob, For me that is the beauty of a blog because if you put yourself on the line with a project than you have an oblogation to see it through. I find this really helpful and it has meant that I have finished a lot more things than I would have usually! The downside is of course that you often end up with a lot more projects than you intended!

    Two years is a splendid effort and many congratulations on the milestone. I am sure the next two years will be as interesting and I for one can't wait to see what else you come up with!

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bluebear Jeff, jfidz, and David Crook,

    Many thanks for your congratulations ... I just hope that the next 600 plus blog entries will be much fun to write (and read) as the last ones have been.

    Blogging really has improved my wargaming, and without it I know that I would not have done anywhere near as much over the past two years as I managed. There are still projects that are 'in the pipeline', but writing my blog reminds me that I need to get working on them soon.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.