Pages

Friday 10 September 2010

100,000 hits!

A short while ago the number of 'hits' on this blog passed a very important milestone – 100,000!

The ‘hit’ counter was added to the blog on 11th February 2009 even though the first blog entry was made on 18th September 2008. By May 2009 5,000 'hits' had been registered, by June of that year it had passed 10,000, and just under a year ago – on 29th September – it reached 25,000. At the time I mused as to how long it would take to reach 50,000 'hits' ... and the answer was just under four months. The 50,000 'hit' threshold was passed on 16th January 2010 ... and on 9th May the 75,000th 'hit' was registered.

I never, ever expected that my blog would attract so much interest ... and it is very humbling to know that it does. One by-product of my blog has been that I now have an extended group of people with whom I regularly exchange information, ideas, rule mechanisms, and even whole sets of wargames rules. For someone who does the majority of their wargaming solo, this is a tremendous source of support and inspiration, and I would like to thank all of them.

Here's to the next milestone … 250,000 'hits'!

I wonder how long it will take to get there?

6 comments:

  1. BigLee,

    Many thanks! I must admit, I never, ever expected to reach this sort of level of readership.

    All I have to do now is to keep the quality of my blog entries up!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've often wondered whether those who read blogs via Googlereader (like me) register as a "hit".. congratulations indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve-the-Wargamer,

    Thanks for your good wishes.

    I am not sure if people who read blogs via Google Reader are counted or not; if they are not, then the actual count should probably be higher. Whatever the answer is, I am still amazed that the 'hits' have reached such a high number in such a short time.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bob,

    No surprises at the score as the content is always interesting, informative and above all, inspiring! I expect I shall be writing this again when you hit the 200K!

    All the best,

    Ogre

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ogrefencer,

    Many thanks for the congratulations.

    All I can hope to do is to keep up the standard of blog entries I have managed up to the present day. As long as I can, I will keep writing my blog entries.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.