Pages

Friday 3 September 2010

My latest DVDs

As I mentioned in a recent blog entry, I received two DVDs through the post on Thursday. I had ordered them last weekend, and they were delivered in a matter of days.

The first is the third part of the AXIS OF WAR trilogy about the Chinese Civil War. AXIS OF WAR – NIGHT RAID is tells the story of a Chinese Communist raid on a Chinese Nationalist airfield.

As usual, the cover art does not appear to relate to the story told on the DVD; in fact, the 'trimotor' on the cover looks awful, and is very obviously a rather poorly manipulated image of a twin-engined aircraft made to look like a trimotor!

The second DVD is about the Korean War, and comes highly recommended. It is entitled BROTHERHOOD, and is supposed to have some stunning battle scenes.

6 comments:

  1. Technically a Trimotor, rather than Triplane, which has three wing, while the former has three motors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paint it Pink,

    You can see how much it offended me, as I was so annoyed that I called it a triplane and not - as you correctly point out - what I should have called it; a trimotor!

    I will change the blog entry as soon as I can to ensure that it is correct.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a copy of Brotherhood and got round to watching it late last year - you'll enjoy it!

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tim,

    I could not ask for a higher recommendation! I look forward to watching it soon.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two votes for Tae Guk Gi.
    I can't remember if you said you had seen "Assembly", a very impressive Chinese film about the Civil War and its aftermath. I'd recommend that too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Itmurnau,

    I have seen 'Assembly' and thought that it was a very good film (see here). If this film is as good - and I have heard that it is - it is going to be yet another good film for me to watch as soon as possible.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.